Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Sunday morning miracle

As Chris posted in our last prayer quests blog, I have been having a really had time with morning sickness here in India. Yesterday morning I feel like God gave me a miracle. As we road the rickshaw to Church ( a rickshaw is sort of like a 3 wheeled moter bike, I will try to post a picture for those who have never seen one) all the smells of India were hitting me fast. I was starting to get quite nauseous and was doubting my ability to handle the 2-3 hour church service I knew that was ahead of us. As I continued to pray the simple prayer I have been praying since we left home (Lord, I know I do not have the strength to face this on my own, please give me your strength!) I knew that I could trust God's perfect timing. By the time we entered the small cement building I was captivated by the beautiful faces  of the woman and children in the small blue room decorated with colorful streamers. Only 5 from our team were there, the others had gone to preach at a different church. They put chairs up at the very front for us to sit in. Everyone else in the church sat on the ground. The service started out  with worship. The songs were sung by a few different people and accompanied by a drum. It was projected VERY loudly through a speaker to make sure everyone in the surrounding area knew that it was time for church! By the time we were through the 3rd song our so (about a 30 mins later) I was starting not to feel well again. Just then, out of no where, two girls walked up with 4 bottles of Thumbs Up (kind of like coke) and 1 bottle of Sprite. It was God answering my prayer. They had brought us the drinks to honor us as their guests and the Sprite was just what my tummy needed to be settled. Praise be to God!
The service continued with a few testimonies from different people in the church. All of theem shared about how God had healed them in various way. One woman said she was coughing blood the night before and she spent the entire night crying out to God to heal hear. By morning she was completely better! To be honest, their stories made me feel a little bit like a wimp! We have such a good God and he cares for every single one of us in our times of need.
After the testimonies Chris preached! He gave a powerful word from the Lord that was applicable to everyone in that room! I was so proud of him! As I sit here writing this blog, he is next to me playing his guitar and worshiping. Just a second ago, the little boy that lives above us just knocked on the door and asked if he could come in and listen. Of course we welcomed him and asked if he has any requests. He said do you know "Yes Lord"? Chris and I had a big laugh because the first person to ever play "Yes Lord" in Tenali was Chris! He taught all the orphan kids the first time he came. I guess it has become a favorite of all the children here! I can hardly begin to describe what an incredible encouragement Chris has been to me. I am so blessed by the wonderful husband God has given me! 
We really do feel your prayers, so please keep them up!
Sending lots of love from India!
Lizzi  & Baby McCall

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are feeling better! Remember the sickness we dealt with in the Transkei. I remember thinking the same thing about being a wimp compared to what they deal with everyday! Love you both. I am praying for you both! And baby!
    Melo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzi, I can remember how hard the smells and food were for me to handle in India, and I wasn't even pregnant! I'm feeling for you big time. :) Hope you're able to find some comfort food (I think I lived on plain rice and toast while I was there), and that the morning sickness doesn't last into your second trimester. In the meantime, hopefully the nausea is an encouragement to know baby is still in there and growing away. :) How many weeks are you now?? David and I are so excited for you guys!!! :) Lotsa love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete