Sunday, September 29, 2013

When I'm Gone

Sometimes, as a youth Pastor, I have to leave my family for days and even weeks at at a time for retreats, winter camps, summer camps, conventions, mission trips, all-nighters, and so on. Those of you who have to leave often on business trips understand the feeling. It pains me to be away from my family. This weekend I had to be gone for our Student Leadership Retreat. It has been a fruitful, team bonding time for these students. I'm thankful for what God has been doing in these students over the  years and the small part that I've gotten to play in their growth...

However, it's hard (after speaking to my family on the phone this morning following multiple failed Facetime attempts and seeing other families together in the lobby of my hotel) to hear the things that I missed out on even after one day. I miss my family like crazy and can't wait to see them this afternoon. 

It was an encouraging reminder I was given this morning, as I read scripture, of the power of prayer. Although I am not near my family I can pray for them no matter where I am and they will feel the power of those prayers in some way. As a husband and father it is my duty to constantly be covering my family in prayer. Wherever you find yourself in life; child, parent, sister, brother, cousin, etc (you get it), you have the incredible opportunity and privilege to pray for those you love...and even those you don't love. Don't miss out on it. God allows us to partner with Him. Let's be a people who take advantage of that. 

May we go forward in the strength and assurance that The Lord Jesus Christ goes with us no matter where we go. Amen.

"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you  O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me;..." Psalm 86:11-13


~Chris~

No comments:

Post a Comment