Thursday, September 26, 2013

Life Just Isn't Perfect

Wouldn't it be great if we were just perfect people who did perfect things, treated others perfectly, living perfect lives for the Glory of our Perfect God? There definitely wouldn't be any hardship and I would ALWAYS live up to other people's expectations of me. Even as I read back through those last couple of sentences it makes me laugh because unfortunately that does not describe my life...PERIOD. We have all experienced our sin nature blow up in our faces in very ugly ways. For me personally, I saw my sin nature blow up in my face just this morning in the way I dealt with my beautiful wife. She desires for our place to be neat, tidy, clean, and enjoyable to live in. I desire the same thing. Getting to the end goal, however, is where things get messy. We have a different path in each of our minds of how to get to the same end...

Isn't that how life is though? People with their own thoughts and feelings bumping into other people with their own different thoughts and feelings. I was reminded today of the importance of good communication. Not just communication but good communication.

Our relationships with others should abound with love. Is it easy? No. Is it attainable? Yes. We have a God who gives grace and mercy to us immeasurably. He has an endless supply of it and wants to give it to us so that we can give it (grace, mercy, love) to others out of his endless supply. I love this prayer that Paul has for the believers of Philippi.

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11 (niv)

May we be known by the love of Christ which dwells in us richly...even when things get tough. If you have any prayer requests, my wife and I would love to spend time praying for you. Leave them in the comments section. Pray for us as we seek to love and serve the Lord with our lives. Until next time...


~Chris~

No comments:

Post a Comment