Thursday, March 31, 2011

And the clock keeps ticking...

Where the time has gone? I don't know! Our time in India has been flying by and is almost coming to a close...at least for this trip. Many cool things have happened in the last week so I wanted to give a brief update on them!

A little over a week ago we traveled to Chennai to pick up two pastors from RockHarbor. One of the main reasons we all went was because we knew going to Chennai brought the promise of PIZZA HUT! We were all in dire need of some western food. It was glorious. We arrived a day early so that we could spend some time at a RockHarbor home taking pictures of the kids for sponsorships and playing with them! It was also great down time of going to a movie and air conditioning as it is extremely hot and humid here in India now. One highlight for me was going to the tomb of St. Thomas (otherwise known as "doubting Thomas.") The apostle Thomas is the one credited for bringing Christianity to India. He was martyred in India as well. My dad had always told me the next time you're in Chennai you have to go see his tomb! I was finally able to do that and it was really neat just being in a place where an apostle had been. I mean, he was actually with Jesus! I haven't been anywhere else yet that apostles or Jesus had walked. Yeah, so I thought it was cool.

After welcoming our friends to India it was straight to the train station for an overnight ride back to Tenali then back into action. That morning we did a leprosy camp. There is one once a month and it basically entails giving out food, prayers, and Harvest India gives them money for the month as no one will give employment to these people. There is more for this day but I've decided I will just hit the highlights of this past week or this will get incredibly long. Last weekend we held our final event which essentially was we hosted a church service at the new church sight. The service, which was geared toward the college age people, was a definite success in my mind. People came, we worshiped God together through music (me playing english contemporary worship songs to an Indian beat!), sharing testimonies of God's faithfulness in the last week (Led by Liz), a message from Chris Ward (RH teaching pastor), and communion. At the end we were able to share the vision for the church and people were excited about taking up the call and leading it. The seed has been sown and now only God can do the growing of this church.

So much happened after that but now even Andrew and Chris have already left. Andrew went on to Uganda to visit the ministry that RH partners with there and Chris Ward is back in the states. As time continues to move forward, God will continue to show us what's next and be faithful to take care of us. I know it. We're excited to hear about our new niece being born any day now and....I'm excited that India beat Pakistan yesterday in the Semi-finals for the World Cup of Cricket!! Hopefully India can take the whole thing! We are enjoying our last few days here before we head back to the states as well as having a few more programs before we leave.

Pray for us as it is REALLY getting hot here. (I got dehydrated a couple days ago and subsequently sick. I'm better now though!!)

We love you all and can't wait to see you all soon! To God be ALL the Glory!!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment