Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blessed and encouraged!!!

Yesterday afternoon our team was having yet again, another boring meeting that seemed to keep dragging on and of course there were a million distractions. One of the things that we just get a kick out of is how we will be having a serious meeting and suddenly one of the Indian's phone will ring (LOUDLY, I don't think they know how to turn them on silent) and they will answer and they will start chatting way right in the middle of our meeting. We thought of it as rude at first be realized that it is very cultural and we needed to get over it. The main reason being that you have to pay extra for your cell phone to have a voicemail, so everyone just tries to pick up right away.
After about an hour into our meeting I realized Chris had disappeared so I slipped out to look for him. I found him down stairs chatting with 4 guys who are all staff of Harvest India in some way, two being pastors. When I peeked my head in the door they all invited me in and right away Chris said, "Guys, you have to tell Lizzi all the stuff that you just told me!"
They started off by saying what an impact Chris and I have made in all their lives! I was immediately taken back because the Indian culture is not huge on affirmations. Then one by one they each told me how specifically mine and Chris's marriage has taught them what a loving marriage looks like. They all gave specific examples of different thing they have seen Chris and I do for each other that has blessed them. One pastor in particular said that he sees the way that Chris takes care of me and he admitted that he doesn't treat his wife that way. He said that he has seen Chris make me soup a number of times, and he has never made anything for his wife. He also mentioned the time a few weeks ago when I brought something for Chris to eat before one of our events. It was incredible to hear all the different examples that each man gave and why they stuck out to them. They all said unanimously that they admired our marriage and wanted to be a better husbands because of us. I could hardly believe what I was hearing! I was brought to tears! What we heard in the few moments in that room were enough reason for Chris and I to have ever come on this trip!
Then to top all of that off, they had encouragements for us as individuals. They all encouraged Chris with his music and said how they can see that God has blessed him and that he will definitely us his gifting to further the Kingdom. Then the pastor that has been our translator at the churches we have gone to, told me how powerful the words I spoke were to him. He translated for me at two different churches and both times I only spoke for 5 minutes to give a word of encouragement. He said that even though I only talked for a short time, I said everything that he needed to hear. The first time I spoke about praying to God for everything, but never expecting Him to show up in a certain way because He will always surprise us with His goodness. The second church I spoke about hearing God's voice. He also said that he thinks Chris and I will have a powerful ministry together of Chris playing music and me speaking!
I was pretty speechless after that....
I think one of the coolest things about this is, God has completely given us a reason for His timing of me being pregnant on this trip. Of course Chris would still be taking great care of me if I were not pregnant but the truth is, he basically waits on my hand and foot (It's incredible what a servant he has been) and it just wouldn't be necessary if I wasn't sick all the time. These men have never seen a husband that loves and cares for his wife like Chris does for me and it has completely rocked their world!! One thing I made clear to them though, Chris is an amazing
husband, but he learned what an amazing husband looks like from his Dad! I love you Al! Thank you for being an example to Chris, so he could be an example to our friends in India!

Lots more to come, I still haven't posted on my doctors visit! I will get on that soon!
Lizzi






Chris singing at a college outreach  event




 






Another college outreach, find the white girl!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Chris, Lizzi & Baby,
    We are so glade that you are feeling better Lizzi and we loved the pictures of the baby. Thanks for the shout out. We tried to do our best. I love you to. We are so proud of the work that the two of you are doing. God Bless you and keep you safe. Love all ways Al & Josie

    ReplyDelete